Reasons Why You Should Hire a Virtual Assistant from the Philippines
Tags24/7 analytics Business Process Outsourcing Copywriting CRM customer support data Delegate Digital Support Staff Email Management Entrepreneur Facebook Flexible Staffing Freelancers Freelance Writers Freelancing gorgias hire Hiring Freelancers Hubspot live chat MailChimp Marketing Marketing Tools Marketo ominchannel support organizer Outsourcing Philippines Project management search engine optimization seo Small Business social media Social media experts stress Time Management USource video Virtual Assistant Virtual Assistants Virtual Team website content writer zirtual
Nowadays, it is quite easy to find people who can do a certain job for you. In fact, you do not even have to meet them face-to-face to gauge whether he or she is the perfect employee for you. For certain tasks, you can actually hire people over the Internet and let them do the job for you, all with little interaction.
Many small-time entrepreneurs, and even the larger companies, outsource some of their staff through this method, especially if the work entails something that can be done either through cyberspace or is only needed for a short time. From writers, web designers, social media managers, and even to personal assistants, you can find a lot of freelancers online that are willing to do certain tasks from you. You just have to look.
One of the best hires you can make online is a virtual assistant. They are like the typical personal assistant or secretary, minus seeing them every day and providing them with their own desks, supplies, and computers. That alone should give you an idea how convenient hiring a virtual assistant is over a typical personal assistant, especially if you are just starting out as an entrepreneur or you have yet to achieve great success in your business. Virtual assistants can come from literally anywhere in the world but when it comes to hiring one, those from the Philippines come highly recommended. For a lot of reasons. In fact, plenty of entrepreneurs prefer hiring not only virtual assistants but also other freelancers from the Philippines because of their reputation. Allow me to tell you why Filipinos, in general, should be the first to be considered when hiring a virtual assistant:
- Communication problems are inexistent. A lot of employers complain about language barriers when transacting with people from a different part of the world. While you may be well versed in speaking and writing in English, it is difficult to communicate when the other party is not. Fortunately, you will not have this problem when hiring a Filipino virtual assistant. This is because they are generally bilingual; aside from their local language referred to as Filipino (yes, the same term used to refer to the people of the Philippines), English is also an official language of the Philippines. While some may not have perfected English down to a T, it poses hardly a problem as both of you will easily understand what the other is trying to say.
- They are a hardworking bunch. One thing that employers love about their Filipino workers is that they are willing to go the extra mile, even without you asking. Once you delegate a task to them, they would do it and more. You need not worry if your virtual assistant is doing the job or not because you can rest assured that he or she is doing so without you having the need to check in with them every so often.
- They are creative thinkers. Filipinos know how to think out of the box. You might be used to following a conventional route but don’t be surprised when they come up with innovative ideas to improve a certain task or add to your existing ideas. This is especially useful when you are dealing with creativity, as Filipinos are bursting with ideas.
- Independence is synonymous with them yet they know how to follow instructions. You can literally leave them alone yet be certain that they will do the tasks exactly how you want them to be done. You just have to literally give the instructions and wait for them to finish the tasks. They may ask a few questions every now and then, especially for new hires, but it is because they want to give you the output you expect of them.
- Work doesn’t seem like work at all when you talk to them. Some employers prefer adhering to strict formality when it comes to work, while some prefer to have a casual and relaxing atmosphere. If you are one of the latter, you would enjoy collaborating with a Filipino virtual assistant. It is widely known that Filipinos are generally fun-loving and charming and this can also extend to work if you allow it. You can share stories, trade jokes and barbs, and basically talk about anything under the sun, which can lessen the work-related stress for the both of you. You can both have a relaxed atmosphere without compromising the quality of work you require from them.
These are some of the numerous reasons why Filipinos, in general, are a favourite hire of many, not only as virtual assistants but also for other positions as well. This does not mean that all of them are flaw-free when it comes to work but this list will at least give you an idea of what to expect when you hire a virtual assistant. Nowadays, most websites have a feedback system where you can check how well a prospective employee has worked for his or her previous clients. If you want an experienced one, looking at the feedbacks is a great help. But you should not also disregard those who seem to be just starting out in the industry. Many of them are experts in other fields who just thought of dabbling in freelance work. But there are also those who have no experience at all, which ask for lower pays and by training them, you will also be helping them gain some experience and helping them out is not a bad thing if you have the time and resources to do so. Filipinos are easily trained and they have the innate skills to do the job well. You just have to give them the chance to do so. I’m not saying that other freelancers from other countries are substandard compared to them, as there will always be other people far better, but Filipinos, in general, have a great reputation when it comes to work and this is known worldwide.