A Guide To Outsourcing Email Marketing
Tags24/7 analytics australia automation back office bpo Business Process Outsourcing company Copywriting CRM customer service customer support data Delegate Digital Support Staff ecommerce Email Management Email Marketing Entrepreneur Freelance Writers graphic design Hiring Freelancers live chat Marketing offshore ominchannel support organizer outsource outsourced Outsourcing Philippines Project management reporting seo Shopify Small Business social media Social media experts social media management Time Management United States video Virtual Assistant Virtual Team work from home
For every dollar spent on email marketing there’s a $42 average return on investment. Businesses leverage email marketing strategies to distribute content organically, establish customer relationships, and improve the overall product and service promotions.
But when executed poorly, these emails can end up being deleted before your customers’ open them, or worse in their spam folder. And you’re blocked to boot.
A successful email marketing campaign can help you reach your business goals through customer acquisition and retention like how 64% of marketers report how email marketing strategy was effective in meeting their business goals.
Outsourcing Email Marketing
What is email marketing?
In 2022 alone, there were 4.3 billion email users around the world. And by 2025, the figure can reach more than half of the world’s population. It’s hard to ignore the potential of a compelling email marketing campaign.
Even with other forms and shapes of customer communication that emerged over the years, what makes email appealing?
50% of customers buy from an email at least once per month. Email moves your customer into action- the way you want them to.
For your new customers, you can send a personalized email to welcome them. You can send discount codes or coupons to make them repurchase. Send them a message of gratitude for the possibility of them becoming a loyal customer.
Email marketing is everything all at once. It won’t start and end with writing an email because there’s a lot of hidden tasks in sending a segmented and personalized email for every prospect.
How much does it help?
64% of businesses use email marketing to reach customers while 37% increase their budget for email marketing. Emails are mostly used to promote the product and service you offer but it can also help your business in different ways.
- 70% of brands increase their email marketing workload and 41.5% of businesses stated it is critical to their business success.
- QA, A/B, and spam testing can increase business ROI by 28%.
- According to Hubspot, B2B marketers report that new products and feature announcement marketing emails have the highest clickthrough rates.
- 59% of customers say that marketing emails influence how they purchase.
- In the United States, email is the leading way consumers discover brand coupons.
Why should you outsource email marketing to third-party service providers?
Email marketing is the most leveraged social media channel, used by one in every two strategists and it will continue to grow by 22% by 2023. As the third highest ROI in every channel, businesses see opportunities of engaging their growing audience through emails.
But there are challenges when it comes to the laborious task of email marketing. Below are some of the reasons why you should outsource to a partner with email marketing services.
Email marketing takes a lot of time and resources. Unless you have an established team, email marketing campaigns can drain your time and resources. This includes the time and resources spent on strategizing your email content, designing the email, personalizing and sending it to subscribers, and monitoring the email’s performance.
When you choose to hire in-house you need to train them skills in content writing, graphic design, data analysis, and A/B testing. And you have to equip them with email marketing software for your type of business. Or you can easily outsource a flexible and scalable email marketing team.
Outsourcing email marketing strategy is cost-efficient. Outsourcing to an experienced email marketing team is only a fraction of the cost of hiring and training one. These expenses are from software and tools subscription, employee expenses, training expenses, and taxes.
Outsourcing email marketing strategy makes data your advantage. You need data to know what’s working and what is not. And you have to be consistent in reporting and analytics from your existing subscribers and incoming customers. Some of the metrics you should check: open rate, clickthrough rate, unsubscribe rate, hard bounces, soft bounces, delivery rate, and churn rate.
When should you outsource your email marketing?
Only 9% of small businesses use email marketing despite the reports of effectiveness of email for customer communication and product promotion. But not all businesses who send emails have perfected email marketing, and some are outright distributing spam.
Hiring or outsourcing the appropriate employees is crucial to your company’s profitability and success. Because when done right, email marketing ROI can reach as high as 440%.
Outsourcing email marketing is worth exploring when your company is struggling to find the time and resources to write a compelling email with customer data analysis.
- When your sales and marketing team struggle to engage with customers on a regular basis. There are also chances of unsuccessful email delivery when a message bounced or did not load completely.
- When your email marketing needs personalization. It is subjective to personalize how you call your customers but personalization is one of the most effective strategies for email marketing campaigns at 72%.
- When your DIY-email marketing strategy does not give you results. Experienced service providers use your data to know when to send your email depending on customer data (geographical location, social and cultural differences, etc.) Established service providers also offer email automation to make marketing easier.
- When your email marketing efforts give inconsistent results. This is the time when you need someone to look at your data to see what is working and what is not. If your company does not have the time to do this laborious task, it is the time to outsource.
What are the things you need to consider before choosing an outsourcing partner?
Outsourcing companies provide less expensive and scalable services for your email marketing campaigns. But before you take the chance of investing on their offered solutions, below are some things to consider when choosing an outsourcing partner.
Package and prices: Different industries run on different email marketing campaigns and you want to make sure that your outsourcing partner offers the things you need to run your project. For starters, you want to check if they include these services to their packages:
- Email design
- Email coding
- Subject line testing
- Conversion tracking
- Subscriber list management
- Email performance monitoring
Resources: Email marketing requires the right tools and there are plenty of tools to try, but they can get expensive with the subscriptions and initial learning curve to understand the platform. At USource, here are some of the email marketing apps we use.
- Active Campaign: CRM, marketing automation, and email marketing solution in one. The tool is built for every stage of the customer journey.
- Klaviyo: Email marketing tool for ecommerce to target the right people at the right time.
- Drip: Built for ecommerce, the platform turns your customer shopping experience into data streams through marketing tools and insights.
- Hubspot: Free tool to create, personalize, and optimize your email marketing without a designer or an IT professional.
- Mail Chimp: Automation which can drive traffic and sales. With its customer journey builder, it sets off emails based on consumer behavior.
- Aweber: Simple email marketing tool to create with AI-powered assistant, deliver with pre-built reporting and analytics tool, and grow your email marketing list.
- Sendgrid: Protects your business email to stay as a trusted sender. For powerful performance, the tool’s hybrid, fully redundant MTA can be used. This includes automated queue management and risk detection.
Experience: Before choosing an outsourcing partner, you can study their portfolio. You can also ask for their sample works they’ve done for their past clients. In USource, you can check our claims by sending a trial task to see if what we do fits in your preference.
What are the services you can outsource?
Market Analysis: A comprehensive examination of your market, competitors, and customers to determine your brand’s unique selling point (USP).
Planning and Strategy:.A strong email campaign should be backed up with a well-established brand positioning, SEO keywords, develop USPs, development plans, and effective venues for marketing. Startups leverage this strategy to find their target audience or schedule their business launch.
Creative Content: Emails improved from boring blocks of texts into creative visuals customers can read within 10 seconds or the average time people spend to read an email. A design that speaks your brand gives life to your emails.
Marketing and Sales Operation: Managing and improving the whole marketing process include design and execution of email marketing activities, report development, and attribution. By making a market analysis, you can infuse trends on your email or newsletters, social media posts, and more.
Why should you outsource it?
Email marketing campaigns work best when they are engaging, timely, and pertinent. As soon as you start missing out on opportunities because you can’t get campaigns out on time, you should start considering outsourcing email marketing campaign components.
The fact that your design team or copywriter must finish a large list of duties before they can begin working on your project isn’t the only reason those missed opportunities occur. Opportunities are regularly lost because you don’t have the time or expertise to make the most of your email marketing/marketing automation system.
USource can help you design, amplify, and develop an email to generate leads, communicate with your customers, and increase conversion rates of new and existing customers.